TLDR; Speaker applications for WordCamp Denver 2017 are open!
WordCamps are an opportunity to get involved in your local WordPress community. You can talk with and learn from other freelancers, developers, designers, agency owners, etc. You can also learn the latest technologies from our local CO scene.
To do that we need members in our community to step onto a stage and share their story. You don’t need to have a special degree or credentials. You just have to have courage and a learning moment that you’re willing to share.
- Did a website explode? Tell us what happened and what you learned from it.
- Did you get a giant client? How did that happen?
- Did your business pivot? What made you do that?
- Are you selling a product on your site. How is that going?
We’re looking for 2 types of talks:
- Technical / How-to – if you want to walk us through how to do something that’s great.
- Stories / How did you get here? – if you want to talk about how you went through something. Regardless of the outcome (good or bad ending) there’s usually something to learn.
We’ll have short sessions (about 30 minutes) and longer sessions (about 60 minutes). We’ll work with you to pick the right length.
We’re also planning town halls. Which is where we have experts who answer questions about particular topics. Probably design, development, & running an agency. If you want to take part in a town hall submit a talk saying so.
On Sunday we’re planning on having 2-3 hour workshops. Feel free to submit a workshop idea on the same speaker application form. You’ll have a screen and you can show the attendees how to go through something step by step.
If you’re not sure if you should apply. Just do it. (Please don’t sue us Nike)